Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups
One of my favorite meals to make at home lately has been Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups. It’s SO easy, tastes yummy, and they are good to freeze for future dinners. Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, or as needed
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin cups w/ cooking spray.
– Place zucchini, onions, and red bell pepper into a food processor, and pulse a few times until finely chopped. Put veggies into a bowl, then mix in ground turkey, couscous, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard until well mixed.
– Fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full. Top each cup with about 1 tsp. of bbq sauce of your favorite kind (we used Bull’s Eye Original).
– Bake in preheated oven until juices run clear – approx. 25 mins. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Servings: Approx 10
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 25
I just served it with sugar-snap peas and mashed potatoes. Super simple. Having smaller portions, a la muffin tins, made it better for me and the smaller portions I eat. Sometimes dealing with large globs of meat/meatloaf is not appetizing. In this case, all was good.