Thanksgiving has come and gone and suddenly it’s off to Christmas! This time of year always goes so fast. We had a great Thanksgiving but are looking forward to next year when we’ll (hopefully) be in a new/permanent house.
I am thankful for so many things. Some I’d like to call out are:
- My wonderful husband, my best friend.
- My amazing parents. I am thankful for them every day and the care they provide for Abby while Peter and I both work. Thankful that they moved down here also.
- My extended family and in-law family. So many fun times, jokes, laughter, and much love.
- A roof over our heads as we transition into our new life in Virginia.
- A job that allows me to work from home full-time. It may not be my dream job (whatever THAT is), but it’s a job and I’m happy to have it. Working from home since I’ve moved to Virginia has been hard but very helpful in other aspects.
- A good bunch of true friends
- Sophie dog and Nacho cat – they may get on our nerves these days (a lot) but I am thankful for them!
- My digital camera – When digital cameras first started coming out, I remember thinking that I’d never want one because I liked the idea of having film to get processed and being excited to pick up the pictures and see how they turned out. HA HA HA. Thank goodness for digi cams. I can take as many pictures of my daughter as I want and anything else my little heart desires and not have to worry about wasting lots of money on bad photos. I may blow up my computer with all the pictures I take but…
- Our new surroundings. I am loving the great mixture of cozy downtowns, bigger cities/metros, mountains, and country landscape that we have access to. There are parks and lakes and so much more to explore and I’m thankful for that.
- Good music to help me throughout the day and throughout life. Music seems to make everything so much better.
- Most of all, above anything else, I am thankful for this little girl right here. She makes me smile and laugh every day and I can’t imagine life without her.